Are you currently on or thinking about participating in an unpaid placement? If so, it’s important that you know what insurance coverage you have while you are doing an unpaid placement.

Any registered student who is on an unpaid placement that is part of a course requirement, please complete the forms found hereImportant: All journalism and social work students (grad and undergraduate) please consult your departmental co-ordinator about the required forms.

If you are participating in an unpaid placement that is NOT part of your course requirement, please contact Tony Lackey, director of Risk and Insurance, at

Please note: Students who are NOT actively registered in courses at Carleton University are not covered by the university’s insurance provider. Please contact Tony Lackey, director of Risk and Insurance, at

All forms are due no later than Feb. 15 (Winter term), June 15 (Summer term), and Oct. 15 (Fall term), subject to any earlier deadline established by your academic unit.  Students are strongly encouraged to contact your department co-ordinator to confirm any department specific deadlines.

More information is available here.

Thursday, September 1, 2016 in
Share: Twitter, Facebook