Below are changes in the research ethics process that you might want to be aware of.
New Protocol Submissions:
- All ethics protocol submissions are now being accepted only through CuResearch using the most recent CUREB PROTOCOL FORM available at http://carleton.ca/researchethics/human-ethics/forms/. New CuResearch users should email email@example.com for an account and instructions.
- All Changes to Protocol and Annual Renewal/Closure Reports should also be submitted in CuResearch going forward. These forms are available at http://carleton.ca/researchethics/human-ethics/forms/. If there are any issues with submitting these forms please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Process for Supervisor Approval:
- Please note that there is a new process in place for supervisor approval.
- The supervisor may sign a Supervisor Signature form to demonstrate their approval of a student submission. The student can attach this document to any CUREB-A/B application and submit revisions as the PI: http://carleton.ca/researchethics/human-ethics/forms/ . Note: students should still list their supervisor as a member of the research team so both will be cc’ed on all correspondence.
- Alternatively, the student may upload and save the revised documents/response letter in CuResearch. The supervisor may then login, review the documents and submit them to CUREB-A/B for review.
- If a supervisor is unable to complete one of the above processes, an email to email@example.com will be accepted as confirmation of supervisor approval.
Suicide Protocol for Use in Research Settings:
This year a joint CUREB-A/B sub-committee worked diligently to provide a Suicidal Ideation Guideline. The guidelines have been expanded and updated in accordance with the University Student Mental Health Framework as well as the needs of the broader university research community. The revised protocol can be found on the website: http://carleton.ca/researchethics/human-ethics/policies-and-resources/suicidal-thoughts-protocol-for-use-in-research-settings/