Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Publishing in Scholarly Journals
October 4, 2017 at 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
|Location:||252 MacOdrum Library|
This workshop will address various “ins and outs” of writing for publication, including deciding where to submit your work, knowing your rights as an author, and understanding the differences between closed (more traditional) and open access publications.
- Understand options for deciding in what journal you want to publish
- Learn different tips and strategies to better your chances of getting published
- Understand some things to consider before embarking on collaboration with colleagues
- Understand the differences between traditional and open access publishing
- Understand the meaning of open access, and the different ways of attaining open access
All graduate students are welcome. If you are a TA, this session counts toward voluntary paid training hours, provided that you are working as a TA in the term when the training takes place.
This workshop is hosted by the Library and facilitated by Pat Moore, Scholarly Communications Librarian.
Registration in advance is required. Please email David Lafferty if you’ve registered and can no longer attend the session.